April 14, 2008

Home in Kuala Lumpur

IMG_1493

My niece, Azalea is six and enjoys drawing. She's learning ballet and piano. While I spent time talking to Mom and reading and doing nothing much at home (home is currently at my brother's house in Kuala Lumpur), Azalea has been playing with some imaginary friends - she had handed out menus at a restaurant, shown friends to their tables and offered them chocolate cheesecake for dessert.

IMG_1496

I have been taking photos. The picture above shows ingredients being prepared the traditional way for a local assam soup with fish. It was amazingly hot! I could feel the heat in my stomach long after I had the soup, but it was yummy. We also had stir-fried jicama, tofu with soy sauce and steamed free range chicken all cooked by Mom.  Aah, these are the food I grew up eating in Malaysia.

No comments:

More blogs:

Related Posts with Thumbnails