May 15, 2008

I thought I would go mad but luckily the burgers were good

IMG_2230 IMG_2231 IMG_2232 These photos were taken at Mr. Bartley's Burger Cottage. It was quite an experience being there. We found 2 seats at the counter, and up high we were able to look into their kitchen, which was surprisingly small but they sure had a process going. The restaurant was packed. Service was pretty quick so people came and went. Each order was followed by a repeat of the order by the wait staff to the cooks in the loudest possible manner. Sitting at the counter next to the kitchen, I winced everytime they shouted the orders... and the little bell next to me went ding ding everytime the cooks tell the wait staff that an order is ready to be served. I thought I would go mad before I left the restaurant.

There was so much to look at - the walls were plastered with old posters and they were all sorts of people - students, families, professionals and us, travelers. And of course the wait staff too (I thought they would be good to have in bars coz they have loud voices so I'd only have to listen and not talk).

Thankfully the food came quickly. The patties were hugh, all 7 ounces and cooked the way you like it - rare, medium, etc. They were good burgers.

No comments:

More blogs:

Related Posts with Thumbnails