May 26, 2009

Up to a bright orange funky piece?

IMG_3954

IMG_3949

This is my latest piece of jewelry. I love it -  it's modern, it's funky and it's fun. It's going to be a conversation starter, and it will work with most colours/outfit.

It was also such a joy to work on. It was like I was back in the art studio working with porcelain! This of course is not porcelain but the fantastic new material that I've just been experimenting with - polymer clay. Each layer of orange clay was cut then shaped by hand, ensuring each is a little different. When baked, they were strung together with a contrasting blue wire. A black suede-like necklace completes the piece with a knot around a loop of the blue wire on each side of the orange feature.

Want to know more? Just click here for my online shop.

No comments:

More blogs:

Related Posts with Thumbnails