December 25, 2009

Cloudy over South Wharf (Melbourne, Australia)

The South Wharf area is quite new, and is situated by the Yarra River. Construction work is still ongoing.

DSC00565

White pedestrian bridge over the Yarra River

DSC00552

A photo of the Melbourne Exhibition Centre taken from across the road.

DSC00566

The Polly Woodside dates back to 1885, and is in the heritage register. It was built in Belfast and has sailed around the world many times (click on the link for more info).

DSC00567

I looked through the glass on the floor, but no steps… Maybe they were removed, and but the old sign remains.

ScenicSunday That’s it from me :). Hope you are having a nice Christmas break.

Please visit Scenic Sunday to see other parts of the world.

13 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Wonderful photos from Melbourne. I like the design of the walking bridge. Have a great weekend.

Shannara said...

Nice pictures from the other side of the world! =)

Merry Christmas from Sweden!

Dimple said...

The pedestrian bridge is beautiful as well as functional; the vanished steps make me smile!
Blessings!

His Unfailing Love said...

wow, beautiful scenic Sunday photos, I like all the places.
Merry Christmas and a Joyous New Year!

BlossomFlowerGirl said...

Lovely photos of Melbourne. I was surprised the first time I ventured into the Docklands area - it was about time our State Gov did something about it.
Cheers.
Melbourne Daily Photo

The Horizon said...

Beautiful scenic post, I love all your photos.

Diane AZ said...

Very cool bridge, Exhibition Centre, Polly Woodside ship and the funny old "steps" sign!

Jim said...

That's a fantastic bridge.
Sydney - City and Suburbs

Bacolod and Beyond said...

I really love this place. Wish could go there.
Thanks for the visit and your valuable comment. A blessed New Year!

Anonymous said...

The Polly Woodside looks like she's in fine shape and very well cared for. How wonderful. I hope she makes it to Gloucester some day.

Dorothy said...

Wow! The picture of the "steps" where there are no steps, just gets me! Must be eerie looking through the glass!

Helena said...

These are great shots! I love the look of the bridge. :)

NatureFootstep said...

I love the ship. :)

More blogs:

Related Posts with Thumbnails