March 8, 2010

Zooming in on cruise ships

I am fascinated by cruise ships. At the moment, this is as close as I can get… until I upgrade my camera. I hope you enjoy these photos as much as I do.

Cruise ship © Evelyn Howard 2010

Cruise ship © Evelyn Howard 2010

Cruise ship © Evelyn Howard 2010

There is a lot to look at, including fittings which I am sure are crucial for the ship to operate.

 

Another ship below…

Cruise ship © Evelyn Howard 2010

I don’t see much happening here… maybe most passengers have left the boat to visit the city of Melbourne.

 

And a different ship below….

Cruise ship © Evelyn Howard 2010

This one has a climbing wall on the top left of the photo. I wonder if it gets used very much. The rooms with balconies facing outwards would have nice views.

 

And 2 photos of a different one…

Cruise ship © Evelyn Howard 2010

Cruise ship © Evelyn Howard 2010

2 passengers enjoying the deck on the top.

 

Please visit My World for more photos.

19 comments:

Louis la Vache said...

«Louis», too, is fascinated by cruise ships, so he enjoyed these photos very much - as he has the other cruise ship photos you've shown recently.

Bengbeng said...

i too am fascinated by ships. it is because of the contrast between the blue sea and the ship

diane said...

Interesting shots.

faroutflora said...

OMG, that is awesome. I have not even considered a photo such as your above. nice!

cat said...

I really like the first photo. It shows how gigantic these ships are.
The rest are off course also very nice shots :)

Sylvia K said...

I love cruise ships, too! I've been fortunate to be able to take several cruises and they're marvelous! Great shots for the day, Evelyn! Hope you have a wonderful week!

Sylvia

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Evelyn: Very nice captures of the big ship, thanks for sharing.

J Bar said...

Good shots.
Sydney - City and Suburbs

Rajesh said...

Wonderful shots. You have captured the details beautifully.

ewok1993 said...

Love cruising. You got good shots.

Tes said...

Amazing cruise ship. It looks so elegant. I haven't been to one, I hope I get to do so one day. :) Beautiful photos, Evelyn!

Ebie said...

This is one gigantic cruise ship! And beautiful lens too!

Stine in Ontario said...

I bet you see tons of cruise ships! It seems like everyone from Canada who travels to Australia takes a cruise ship to a few of the ports. Cool photo!

Lindz said...

the P&O is a big ship, they come to dock in sydney regularly, amazing you got to shot it that close

LadyFi said...

Great shots - especially that first one.

Vicky said...

I love cruising!!!! This ship looks great!!!

Bill said...

Great shots.

Louis la Vache said...

«Louis» did a series on the Historic Ships of San Francisco Bay you might be interested in.

Arija said...

Having been around the world on much smaller ones, I too am rather partial to them. Pity the big ones charge a king's ransom for a passage.

More blogs:

Related Posts with Thumbnails