September 18, 2010

Fragile Vase

Fragile Vase © Evelyn Howard 2010

Flowers In Bag  © Evelyn Howard 2010Remember that I posted the drawing on the left a few weeks ago?We went to Nacional for breakfast again this morning. They have another interesting vase today… 

The vase on the left decorated the long table at Nacional last time we were there. It was standing upright with a bunch of tulips, and covered with a brown paper bag. I enjoyed that…

Today’s bunch of blooms is in a vase which is covered with packing tapes, with the word “fragile”. I enjoyed this design too – very unique and interesting.

Hope you are having a nice weekend. Happy Creating.

Creative Every Day

6 comments:

Liza said...

Whaaaat? A paper bag? Could you take a picture? Because it sounds charming on paper, and indeed in your drawing, but in reality, I'm skeptical. Oh, dear, does that sound too harsh? I don't mean to challenge your taste, but it's a paper bag. I have to ask questions. I do hope you understand. Maybe I'm a spoiled American. Yeah, that's true. My bad!

Unknown said...

@Liza: LOL. A paper bag but not so crazy if I tell you that there must be a bottle or a vase holding the flowers inside the bag... I guess the cafe operators try to be a bit different!

I haven't got a photo, unfortunately. Next time, it happens I'll be sure to take a photo, even if it's with my phone.

Kaori said...

This cafe has very funky vases! You'll have to go back and see what else they come up with. Gorgeous flowers this time, too :D

Steve Asbell said...

I love it! You've really developed a distinctive style since I started reading your blog, and this one has a metaphor too! BTW, a paper bag sounds lovely, as long as its wrapped artfully. It reminds me of finding florists on the street selling their flowers.

Sadami said...

Dear Evelyn,
Oh, I fell in love with this work! How lovely and beautiful! And your style reminds me of traditional Japanese painting. So gorgeous!
Love and smile, Sadami

Louis la Vache said...

Another fine rendering, Evelyn. It is always a pleasure to see your work, including the drawing of the woman who worked for your brother several posts above this one.

More blogs:

Related Posts with Thumbnails