September 16, 2010

Simpkins Travel Sweets

 Simpkins travel Sweets © Evelyn Howard 2010

Are you familiar with Simpkins Travel Sweets?

I saw some at the shops the other day. They brought me down memory lane. When I was growing in Malaysia, my grandma bought and shared them with us. It was a novelty – we didn’t buy many imported goods. We didn’t have much money to spare so it was a real treat. I had a warm fuzzy feeling seeing the sweets and remembering grandma, and I ended up buying a tin of sweets for myself.

Creative Every Day

3 comments:

Vicki Holdwick said...

I've never heard of Simpkins Travel Sweets and wonder if they are a little like Life Savers (without the hole in the middle).

xoxo

Teresa said...

I remember travel sweets... and Licorice Allsorts... one of my favorites!

Sadami said...

Oh...Evelyn, it is a great temptation for me, an old hen on diet?! But your art works always make my mouth water...and beautiful!!
Cheers, Sadami

More blogs:

Related Posts with Thumbnails