October 10, 2011

Me and my robot

IMG_0084 

I am starting a project with a collection of drawings on photographs, which will end up in a sketchbook. I know it sounds a bit odd, because sketchbooks are usually empty. There will be lots of blank pages to sketch on too, and maybe one in 5 pages will be a printed page of my drawing.

There will be 10 drawings, which are to be completed within 5 weeks. Check back mid-week, and weekend for new works!

This first drawing is inspired by the movie “Real Steel”, which I saw a few days ago (click on the link to see the trailer). It’s not a movie with a lot of depth, but I loved it, and now I want my own robot.

The theme for this week’s Illustration Friday is contraption. How timely.

15 comments:

Sadami said...

Hi,Evelyn,
Wow, nice work and I hope your project goes well. Enjoy the project!!
Cheers,Sadami

Kala said...

This looks and sounds like a fun project that perfectly suits your talent! Looking forward to seeing more.

jpla said...

C'est amusant ! Je te souhaite une agréable journée
JP

Geckostone said...

This is so cool! I want a Robot too!!! Excellent art!Deb

Lúcia said...

This is so cool and fun!
I loved how you mixed both works, can't wait to see the others!
Good luck! ;-)

stardust said...

Impressive colors! Other than that, everyone wrote what I'd like to say. Keep up good work!

Yoko

Kaori said...

Evelyn, this sounds like a really neat project! Can't wait to see more :D

Linda Roth said...

This is fantastic Evelyn! Sounds like a very interesting project. Your drawings will be inspirational; I can't wait to see the rest.

Anne Manda said...

Nice!<3 I like the night time background, too.

Louis la Vache said...

Evelyn, please let «Louis» know when you next will be in San Francisco. He et Mme. la Vache would like to meet you. His e-mail is in his profile.

Sasa said...

Great! Looking forward to see how your project proceeds :-)

yoon see said...

Good luck in your project Evelyn!
This beautiful painting should be in the hall of fame in the art gallery!

I really love the colours and charcaters. Good luck!

Unknown said...

Thanks everyone for visiting. Much appreciated.

nelleke said...

Hi Evelyn, sounds like a fun project! I had to think of a nice blog from Tineke meirink (from Holland), who also paints on photographs. Maybe you like to see it....

http://itsjustmorefunwhenyoutakeacloserlook.blogspot.com/

Francisca said...

What a neat project, Evelyn! I've been out for some time, so am catching up a bit... won't comment on each, but you know how much I like your work... and play... :-)

More blogs:

Related Posts with Thumbnails