March 30, 2009

Pork Stew

Here is a recipe I tried recently. I remember the amount of each ingredient this time (!). This recipe is for 2 persons, and cooking time takes about 3 hours - the meat should be tender and perfect.

The original recipe requires using a crock pot for 9 hours, but since I haven't got a crock pot, I decided to cook it on the hot plate. I ended up changing quite a lot of the recipe in the end, so this is my version...

You will need the following:

  • 500 grams pork - fatty cut that is suitable for stewing, cut in big chunks
  • A handful of cherry tomatoes, cut in half
  • 1 Capsicum, cut in cubes
  • Olive oil, 2 tablespoon
  • 3 garlic cloves, chopped
  • 6 shallots, chopped
  • 3 cups of beef broth
  • 2 bay leaves
  • Chili, amount to your liking- I used 1 Jalapeno chili, chopped
  • Pepper to taste
  • 1 carrot, cut to bite-sized pieces

The fun bit:

  1. In a pot, heat oil and brown pork pieces
  2. Add garlic, shallots and bay leaves, fry for about 2 minutes
  3. Add capsicum and tomatoes, then cover with broth. Reduce flame, cover pot and slow cook for 2.5 hours, stirring occasionally.
  4. Boil carrots for about 8 minutes.
  5. Drain and add carrots to the stew. Continue cooking for a further half hour.

I served it on rice. Yummy - great recipe and so easy.

No comments:

More blogs:

Related Posts with Thumbnails