Here is a recipe I tried recently. I remember the amount of each ingredient this time (!). This recipe is for 2 persons, and cooking time takes about 3 hours - the meat should be tender and perfect.
The original recipe requires using a crock pot for 9 hours, but since I haven't got a crock pot, I decided to cook it on the hot plate. I ended up changing quite a lot of the recipe in the end, so this is my version...
You will need the following:
- 500 grams pork - fatty cut that is suitable for stewing, cut in big chunks
- A handful of cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 Capsicum, cut in cubes
- Olive oil, 2 tablespoon
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 6 shallots, chopped
- 3 cups of beef broth
- 2 bay leaves
- Chili, amount to your liking- I used 1 Jalapeno chili, chopped
- Pepper to taste
- 1 carrot, cut to bite-sized pieces
The fun bit:
- In a pot, heat oil and brown pork pieces
- Add garlic, shallots and bay leaves, fry for about 2 minutes
- Add capsicum and tomatoes, then cover with broth. Reduce flame, cover pot and slow cook for 2.5 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Boil carrots for about 8 minutes.
- Drain and add carrots to the stew. Continue cooking for a further half hour.
I served it on rice. Yummy - great recipe and so easy.