March 26, 2009

Poppies pendant

IMG_3583 IMG_3584

More poppies paintings... Yesterday, I painted poppies on little pieces of wood to make myself a pendant - above. I cut the pieces of wood using a Dremel tool (still trying to get the hang of using it) and then sand them smooth by hand (I could use a Dremel tool but this time I used good old sandpaper). Each design is painted in acrylics, and my Chinese name is stamped on the surface behind. To protect the wood and design, I applied two layers of varnish. IMG_3582

To assembled the jewellery, I added a clasp and hung a little jade bead below the piece of wood, and used a necklace that I already own.

I painted 6 - 5 too many (see image on the right) since I only wanted one! I am not sure what to do with the rest so I put them up on the web for sale! Hopefully other people might like one too :).

Enough of poppies for now I think, I am moving on to other things...

No comments:

More blogs:

Related Posts with Thumbnails