March 22, 2009

Recipe to share - Seafood linguini with white wine sauce

When we eat out, I often seek out Seafood linguini in white wine sauce, so I decided to look up some recipes and try cooking the dish. I find it difficult to follow a recipe closely for various reasons, so I usually modify a few that look good. Also, unless I am baking, I do not measure the ingredients... I cooked this today, but due to extreme enthusiasm to eat, I haven't any photos...

Here is a list of ingredients for this dish..

  • packet linguine
  • whole prawns
  • scallop
  • extra virgin olive oil, mine was infused with basil
  • chopped fresh garlic
  • chopped chili
  • sweet paprika
  • butter
  • white wine
  • lemon zest, a pinch
  • salt and ground black pepper, to taste
  • grated cheese

The fun bit as follows, which is pretty easy.

1. Cook packet linguini according to package instructions, then drain.

2. In a pan over medium heat, warm the olive oil, then add garlic, chili and sweet paprika. Cook until fragrant, then add a dollop of butter

3. Add prawns and scallops. Cook both sides for only as long as required depending on their sizes.

4. Remove seafood from pan, then add white wine to make the sauce. Add lemon zest and cook for a few minutes till wine reduces. Add salt and pepper to taste.

5. Add cooked linguini to pan and mix through.

6. Return prawns and scallops to pan, turn off heat and cover the pot so that the pasta absorbs the sauce for a few minutes.

7. Almost there... Place onto plate and add grated cheese! Yummy!

I served this with boiled asparagus, and sweet peas but you can vary the vegetables.

No comments:

More blogs:

Related Posts with Thumbnails