I am inspired by poppies today... so I decided that I would paint them. I got out my acrylics paint and brushes and very quickly - before I start to procrastinate which has been happening a lot lately - completed these two small pieces on plastic sheets. I put a clear varnish on them which made the colours vibrant.
When I completed the paintings, I wasn't sure what to do with them, so I made them into book covers. They measure about 11x6 cm and 8.2x6 cm approx. and are about 2 cms thick. I used a guillotine to cut the pages. Because of their small sizes, I suppose they are little notebooks to carry around. Jeremy has kindly offered to test run one of them.