July 11, 2008

A broken leg... and light at the end of this tunnel

I have showered today... don't get me wrong, it doesn't just happen on rare occasions. In fact, it happens too often for my liking. But it is an achievement when I do, which should only take about 4 minutes (or slightly more) for those of you with 2 functional legs. Having only one leg to put my weight on, and having to keep the other leg out of the shower means that I have to be a bit of a contortionist while being cautious (a contortionist being cautious - that's a contradiction, or perhaps not so or he or she might end up in a twisted mess...) at all times so that the good leg remains good. This is kinda important at this stage or there will be a different story altogether. I am not going to go into details on how it all happens in the shower. It's far from elegant... but at the end of it, I feel extremely relieved and happy it's all over. Also possibly a half day have just gone by whist I was in the bathroom.

A test of patience... that's what I'd say God intended for me when I fractured my bone which has resulted in my lower leg being in a cast for weeks (which now feels like a lifetime).

Sigh, another 2 weeks to go and hopefully my cast is replaced by a removable boot (or whatever it's called). There is light at the end of this tunnel. For now, at least I have a window into another world where my broken leg has no part in - hurray for the internet!

Previous related posts:

Ankle update (again) - posted June 23

Ankle update - posted June 17

A broken leg - that's what happened last weekend - posted June 11

No comments:

More blogs:

Related Posts with Thumbnails